[Geany] Building On Mac OS X

Jason Oster parasyte at xxxxx
Fri Aug 29 19:34:09 UTC 2008

Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at ...> writes:

> On Wed, 27 Aug 2008 13:58:08 -0400, "Fox Touche" <alopecoid at ...>
> wrote:
>
> > I figured it out... I needed to run the following before running
> > ./configure and make:
> > jhbuild shell
> >
> > This setup the environment for me to build successfully.
>
> Cool, nice to hear.
>
> Do you mind writing a little howto or a list of instructions about how
> to build Geany on MacOSX?
> This question is asked from time to time and we can't say much about it
> due to lack of experience with Macs :).
>
> Regards,
> Enrico

Yep, I've been using the Imendio GTK+ Quartz project to build Geany SVN on my
Mac for a few months. They recently had a commit to GTK+ Quartz that broke
Scintilla. I managed to track down the problem, and they managed to fix it
pretty quickly. :)

So Geany has always been a really good project to test GTK+ Quartz.