[Geany] Tab-Switching via Ctrl-Tab

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Wed Aug 13 14:32:38 UTC 2008

On Wed, 13 Aug 2008 13:06:33 +0100, Nick Treleaven
<nick.treleaven at btinternet.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 11 Aug 2008 21:55:47 +0300
> Yura Siamashka <yurand2 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > If code navigation will work only per document, I guess I won't be
> > able to use geany as text editor for programming any longer. Global
> > navigation is one of must have features to me.
>
> Maybe people don't like this idea, but if we had notebook tab
> switching forward/back in a history of most recently used documents,
> it would be completely unnecessary to have code navigation also
> switch between documents. This would actually give the user more
> control over where they want to switch to, as often the user works
> mainly on a single file and switches to other tabs to check something.

But code navigation is especially useful and a very convenient feature
when browsing (foreign) code where you often 'jump' between functions
calls and the function definitions which are scattered over serveral
source files. I think in this case a document-based code navigation is
more hindering than helping.