[Geany] SVN custom tab width/soft tabs (was Re: Problem: about tabs and indentation.)

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Thu Aug 7 16:53:08 UTC 2008

On Wed, 16 Jul 2008 08:04:42 +0200
Joerg Desch <jd.vvd at web.de> wrote:

> > > Not only this, IMO it is necessary to distinguish between tab
> > > width and indentation width.

This is now implemented in SVN as a 'Tabs and Spaces' indent type
preference and per-document setting, plus a Tab Width pref (the old
pref is now called Indent Width). The main editing actions should
work as expected in the new mode, but some of Geany's code insertion
features (e.g. default file templates) might still use tabs. Feel free
to file bugs/requests to improve things further (or post here).

> would be nice, if the configuration dialog would support
> SCI_SETTABINDENTS(bool) too.

Maybe you're aware that there's a hidden pref to enable this (see the
manual). I'm not sure why it's off by default? But maybe it needs a GUI
pref.

Regards,
Nick