[Geany] Keyword auto completion?

Micael m8847 at xxxxx
Thu Aug 7 16:41:52 UTC 2008

On Saturday 12 July 2008 11.53.21 Enrico Tröger wrote:
> > > Maybe this could be implemented. For now you could edit
> > > ~/.geany/snippets.conf and change the 'while' key to 'wh'.
> >
> > Yeah, I guess! Maybe that is a solution. As this will generate quite
> > a few snippets, I would be concerned about the speed. But maybe this
>
> As Frank told, try it. Anyway, the snippets are read from the file once
> at startup and then they are kept in a hash table which is a quite good
> data structure for this case. The code surely can be improved but I
> don't think speed is a real concern if you about  up to 50 snippets.
> Check it out.

OK, I did check it out, and I have been using it for some time now, and I can
report that it works just fine, no speed issues with my box.  :)

I have one small issue with the snippets though, and with # in particular.
Such as:
#define

Is there a way to use hash in the snippet file? I tried to backslash it, but
that did not work.

Obviously, whith hash being the comment character, one cant start the line
with
#d= ..