[Geany] Compiling geanylua (was: Toggle single and double quotes)

Harold Aling geany at xxxxx
Thu Aug 7 12:09:02 UTC 2008

On Thu, 7 Aug 2008 12:44:56 +0100, Nick Treleaven
<nick.treleaven at btinternet.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 7 Aug 2008 12:06:46 +0200
> Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:
>
>> To be more seriously, I think this could be easily solved as a plugin.
>> You just need to find someone who wants to implement it or refresh
>> your C knowledge and do it yourself! :D
>
> I agree, but another option is to write a script for the Lua plugin
> (the geany-plugins version should build against Geany SVN).

This would be a great time to start my Lua adventure! It's been on my todo
list for quite a while now...

Unfortunately, I can't get geanylua to compile yet... (both Geany and
Geanylua from svn) It also seems that Geanylua doesn't obey --prefix=/usr
as it wants to install in /home/harold/.geany/plugins.

The error:
$ make install
/home/harold/.geany/plugins
/bin/bash: /home/harold/.geany/plugins: No such file or directory
make: *** [install-plugin] Error 127

Of cource I know how to solve that!
$ mkdir /home/harold/.geany/plugins

$ make install
/home/harold/.geany/plugins
/bin/bash: /home/harold/.geany/plugins: is a directory
make: *** [install-plugin] Error 126

Hmmm... This is also the reason I want to go Lua instead of
C/Autotools/etc... Too darn complicated for my little brain.

-H-