[Geany] Problems when "no space left on device"

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Tue Apr 29 13:45:39 UTC 2008

On Sun, 27 Apr 2008 19:43:58 +0200, "Milan Babuskov"
<milan.babuskov at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Apr 26, 2008 at 9:32 PM, Jeff Pohlmeyer
> <yetanothergeek at gmail.com> wrote:
> >  >  It may be that one way to do it is :
> >  >  * move "file" to "file~"
> >  >  * save memory buffer to "file"
> >  >  * remove "file~"
> >
> >  It seems that in some cases this would actually make
> >  the situation worse, e.g.if there is just enough room
> >  for 'file', but not enough for 'file' + '~file'.
>
> If you have 'just enough room for file' Geany would warn you and you
> would free some space. Having just enough space for one file is
> usually not good anyway.
>
> But, I don't know any sane developer that goesn't use some VCS these

This is basically true for any files containing code. But sometimes you
also edit just a text file or configuration file on your system which
is not under some version control system.