[Geany] problems with GTK 2.12 on Windows

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Tue Apr 29 13:39:41 UTC 2008

On Mon, 28 Apr 2008 03:16:01 +0200, Andreas Mokros
<am at medienpensionat.com> wrote:

> Enrico Tröger wrote:
>
> > Does this happen everytime, so is it reproducable?
>
> Yes. I just have to open the preferences window.
>
> > What exactly mean "don't close properly"?
>
> After clicking OK or Cancel the window goes blank but it remains open
> and doesn't react on clicking on the close button. Only closing the
> app will also close the window (pretty annoying).
> As I said, I had this with GTK 2.12 (I tried several versions), also
> with certain windows of Claws Mail. Reverting to 2.10 fixed it. Maybe
> there's something wrong with my system, but what?

You are using Geany 0.14? If so, could you try 0.13 and test whether it
behaves the same?
But it is strange anyway, clicking Cancel or OK in Geany's preferences
dialog only does gtk_widget_hide(), a basic function to hide a dialog.

It might also be a bug in GTK. Open a bugreport at
http://bugzilla.gnome.org.