[Geany] ANN: Common Plugin Repository

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Tue Apr 29 13:29:25 UTC 2008

Hi all,

some time ago we discussed about a common SVN repository for plugin
authors but didn't find a concrete solution.

We decided to create a "geany-plugins" project[1] at Sourceforge. At
the moment it has a Subversion repository and trackers for bug reports,
feature requests and patches.

Each plugin author is welcome to use these services. To do so, you
need an account at Sourceforge. You can easily register at [2].
After you successfully created an account, tell your account name me or
Nick and you will write access to the SVN repository[3].
Then you can use the repository for your own plugin.

Authors using this service should subscribe to the
geany-plugins-commits at uvena.de and geany-plugins-tracker at uvena.de
mailing lists(see my previous post) to stay up to date with changes.
General plugin discussion can happen on the normal geany at uvena.de or
geany-devel at uvena.de lists.

At the moment, there are two plugins already available in the
repository, instantsave and backupcopy. Feel free to use these plugins
as a start for your own, maybe by copying the directory structure and
the autotools files (Makefile.am, configure.in, ...). These both
plugins are also ready for i18n support and have an initial German
translation, just for reference.

New plugins should be imported into a new directory inside the trunk/
directory. There are also the common branches and tags directories, use
them as needed, use always a subdirectory for your own plugin.

We encourage authors using this service to only commit changes to their
own plugin and not to others' plugins. Instead just send patches to
geany-devel at uvena.de or the plugin author directly.

[1] http://sourceforge.net/projects/geany-plugins
[2] http://sourceforge.net/account/registration/
[3] http://geany-plugins.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/geany-plugins/