[Geany] geanylua question

Jeff Pohlmeyer yetanothergeek at xxxxx
Fri Apr 25 04:40:00 UTC 2008

Andreas Mokros <am at medienpensionat.com> wrote:

> Where do you put your modules in Linux?

On Linux, they normally go in /usr/lib/lua/5.1/
(which is part of the default package.cpath)

> The libgeanylua that is produced there is also static,
> isn't it?

Yes, but Lua modules on Linux don't need to link to the
shared library at compile-time, they are able to resolve
their symbols at load-time, from wherever the host app
finds them.

> I compiled Lua with MingW now and with that dll it seems
> to work fine now.

OK, that's good news!

I will try to come up with some solution for this for the
next release of geanylua, although I'm not sure what the
best option would be. Maybe the best thing is just to add
some documentation explaining the situation and how to
make it work.

 - Jeff