[Geany] Hello :)

shadow shadow.of.soul08 at xxxxx
Thu Apr 24 13:42:39 UTC 2008

> I don't know actionscript. Is this the flash scripting langauge?
> But if you would send the one or the other example file it would be
> easy to get an impression how it looks like, how different it is from
> existing lexers and whether it makes sense at all.
>
> Regards,
> Enrico

Yes, the actionscript it's the scripting language of flash and flex it's
the mxml language, code like xml to make GUI and user interface for flash.

this it's a hello world in AS3:

package
{
        import flash.display.MovieClip;
        import flash.text.TextField;

        public class HelloWorld extends MovieClip
        {

                public function HelloWorld()
                {
                        var helloDisplay:TextField = new TextField();
                        helloDisplay.text = "Hello World";
                        addChild(helloDisplay);
                }
        }
}

and this a mxml code (flex2)

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<mx:Application
    xmlns:mx="http://www.adobe.com/2006/mxml"
    horizontalAlign="center" verticalAlign="center">
    <mx:Button id="myButton" label="Hello Bioinformatics World !" />
</mx:Application>

this codes can be compiles with flex SDK (what are free) and get a
working .swf
i want to help first to add the support to this languages and later, if
you think it's ok, make a plugin to launch the compiler of the SDK from
geany, then, we can have a IDE for AS/flex2, easy to use, and faster.

what do you think about this?

Regards,
Shadow.
--