[Geany] Create Folder In File Browser

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Tue Apr 22 16:43:07 UTC 2008

Hi,

On Sun, 20 Apr 2008 16:21:40 -0400
Robert McGinley <mcginleyr1 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey All,
> I want to add a create folder functionality to the file browser.
> However I have two questions.  Should this be implemented as a
> toolbar button/icon. or should it be in the context menue
> (right-click menu) And for the developers what gtk icon is the folder
> icon with the star on it.  All questions/ideas appreciated.

IMO create folder doesn't really fit in the file browser plugin - it's
for opening files, not managing them. I think folders should be created
in the environment that then writes to that folder.

Really this would fit better in a dialog used for saving, and GTK
already does this for the Save As dialog.

(Also IIRC GTK doesn't have a specific icon for create folder.)

Regards,
Nick