[Geany] Crash on some php files (opensolaris)

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Tue Apr 22 16:32:56 UTC 2008

On Tue, 22 Apr 2008 15:35:39 +0200
Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:

> On Tue, 22 Apr 2008 15:33:01 +0100, Nick Treleaven
> <nick.treleaven at btinternet.com> wrote:
>
> > Thanks for the trace - but can you provide us with one of the PHP
> > source files that causes Geany to crash - or if not a small test
> > case that we can use to reproduce it?
> I'm sorry. I should have mentioned it in my answer.
> Andras sent a link to the files on IRC. Here it is:
> http://sartek.net/~sartek/php.tar.gz

Thanks.

> But at least on my system, the files open fine.

Yes, on Fedora 5 they also open fine.

CTags has no relevant updates over Geany 0.14 for lregex.c, so it's
strange that CTags works.

But it might help to see more of the backtrace after the segfault, e.g.
what functions called matchRegex().

Also for debugging it might be more useful to get a trace from a build
with no optimization, as it seems a number of static functions called
by matchRegex() have been optimized out, and this is probably where
the problem is.

Regards,
Nick