[Geany] Crash on some php files (opensolaris)

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Tue Apr 22 12:25:56 UTC 2008

On Sun, 20 Apr 2008 02:10:43 +0300, "Andras Barna"
<andras.barna at gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,

people who didn't read the beginning of the story in IRC might be
confused about this mail without any additional information ;-).
So, next time please include a few introducing lines.

I'm a little confused about the backtrace as there are many NILs in the
function calls which generally shouldn't be.

> =>[1] vStringNCatS(string = 0x17, s = 0x8a30fa8
This is obviously the cause of the crash, as 0x17 is not a valid
address for a vString object.
The problem might be somewhere in lregex.c, maybe an incompatibility
with the regex implementation in OpenSolaris but this is only a wild
guess.

Could you try the SVN version of CTags (http://ctags.sourceforge.net),
compile it and then run:

ctags /var/apache2/2.2/htdocs/adduseraction.php

to see whether it also crashes?
The tagmanager code in Geany is based on CTags, I'm fearing CTags will
work anyway.