[Geany] ANN: New Release: Geany 0.14

Andy Elvey andy.elvey at xxxxx
Mon Apr 21 09:20:59 UTC 2008

( snip )

>> Anyway, I went into /usr/local/share/gean and there wasn't a
>> filetypes.haskell file there.  So, that might be the problem.
>>
> Yes, it is the problem.
> How did you install Geany (from source, from package management of
> your distro, ...)?
> Do you have any other files /usr/local/share/geany/?
> If you installed from source, did you use any installation prefix?
>
> In /usr/local/share/geany there should be a file filetypes.haskell
> together with many other files (filetypes.* and a few others).
>
> Regards,
> Enrico

Hi Enrico -

 My mistake - sorry...

I'm using FreeBSD 7.0.  I originally installed Geany using its package
system ( pkg_add -r geany).
That was quite an old version (0.10.2, iirc ).

I didn't uninstall that (as I should have) before grabbing the Geany
0.14 source and compiling it (no "custom" settings used)
so I'd say that there's "interference" between the two versions.
Apologies for that...

I'll do an uninstall of the old version and will go from there.  I'm
sure that once I add the missing Haskell file, all will be well... ;)
Anyway, I'd say the original problem is solved ( the missing
"filetypes.haskell" ).  Hopefully adding that will activate those two
buttons
(Compile and Execute).

Thanks again - bye for now -
 - Andy