[Geany] ANN: New Release: Geany 0.14

Andy Elvey andy.elvey at xxxxx
Sat Apr 19 12:16:16 UTC 2008

Enrico Tröger wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Geany 0.14 is available!
>
> For a comprehensive list of changes to Geany 0.13, please see
> http://geany.uvena.de/Documentation/ReleaseNotes. A very detailed and
> complete list of changes can be found in the ChangeLog, included in the
> source packages as well as in the Windows binary files.
>
> Some of the highlights:
> - Add configurable plugin keybindings support.
> - Add a pkg-config file and install header files for external plugins.
> - Update PHP tags file to latest PHP API docs (including mysli
> functions)
> - Update Scintilla to version 1.76
> - Add (basic) column mode editing
> - Resolve Windows shortcuts when opening files
> - Make the Version Diffplugin to work on Windows
> - Improve documentation
> - and of course many bug fixes and improvements
> - New translations: Romanian, many updated translations
>
> Notes for Windows users:
> - Geany currently doesn't run on Windows with GLib version 2.16.0 and
> above. Please use GLib 2.14.x.
>

> We want to thank all translators who have contributed new or updated
> translations to this release as well as all people who contributed to
> this release with patches, feedback, bug reports and so on.
> Thank you!
>
> All downloads can be found as usual on
> http://geany.uvena.de/
> http://files.uvena.de/geany/ or
> https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=153444
>
> Please note the full installer for Windows (geany-0.13_setup.exe) can
> only be used on Windows 2000 or newer. Windows 98 users should use the
> small installer or the zip file together with a GTK 2.6 runtime
> environment (available on http://gimp-win.sourceforge.net/stable.html).
>
> Happy coding,
> Enrico

  Great!  Thanks very much, Enrico (and all others who've contributed...
:)  )
  The new release seems to tick over nicely on my FreeBSD 7.0 box
(compiled it from source).
One thing I'm wondering... (This pertains to running Haskell code in Geany)

I'm getting into some simple Haskell coding at the moment.  I'm using
GHC 6.8.2 (the most recent release, I believe).
That seems to have two ways of running Haskell code, as follows (say I
have a program called prog.hs )
$  runhaskell prog.hs
Or....
$  ghc --make prog.hs   ( You then execute the binary with "./prog" )

Geany lists the make program as /usr/bin/make (which is ok, that's
standard).  What I'm wondering is - how should I change that to run my
Haskell code in Geany?
( I should mention that when I open my Haskell program, both the
"compile" and "execute" buttons are greyed out. )
Very many thanks in advance -
- Andy
( p.s. - If (on replying to this) you don't get an immediate reply back
from me, it'll be because I'm popping off to bed any minute now - it's
not because I'm ungrateful...;) It's getting late here... ;) )