[Geany] Feature request: Highlight all occurences

Dominic Hopf dmaphy at xxxxx
Fri Apr 18 16:34:03 UTC 2008

Am Freitag, den 18.04.2008, 16:46 +0200 schrieb Enrico Tröger:
> On Fri, 18 Apr 2008 16:30:51 +0200, Harold Aling <h.aling at home.nl>
> wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 18 Apr 2008 15:51:34 +0200, Enrico Tröger
> > <enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:
> > > On Thu, 17 Apr 2008 10:46:13 +0100, "Steve Horsley"
> > > <steve.horsley at gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi Steve,
> > >
> > > most important first: this is a mailing list. In order to receive
> > > further answers, you should subscribe to this list
> > > (http://lists.uvena.de/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/geany).

> > > I actually didn't test it with gedit because I don't want to install
> > > all its Gnome dependencies just to test searching ;-).
> > >
> > > But I'm pretty sure Geany already can what you are looking for. In
> > > the search dialog, click on the expander "Find All" and then click
> > > on "Mark" (see
> > > http://geany.uvena.de/manual/0.13/images/find_dialog.png for
> > > reference). This will highlight all matches, not exactly in yellow
> > > but in a nice green ;-).
> >
> > It'll also be great if the search toolbar would support "highlight all
> > matches"!
>
> Patches are welcome. But this would again need another button or any
> other kind of GUI addition to make use of it.

I think it would be a good idea, to make the "hilight all matches" the
default behaviour. If more than one matches are found, geany would
hilight them too. This wouldn't need an additional element on the
toolbar.

Dominic Hopf <dmaphy at gmail.com>