[Geany] possibly interesting competition

Ross McKay rosko at xxxxx
Thu Apr 10 22:19:55 UTC 2008

Yura Siamashka wrote:

>> 2. Multiple editing panes with minimal distraction. (The photo on the
>>[...]
>It would be nice to see this in geany, but generaly panes are not very
>usefull in normal editing. Exception if it is some kind diff tool.

Actually very useful, you can look at some text/code as a reference for
creating code. e.g.

* view SQL table definition while coding a class, HTML form, etc.
* view HTML form while coding PHP class to receive it
* view C++ class declaration while coding implementation of class

etc.

This is probably the feature I felt the loss of most, when jumping from
Notepad++ on Windows to Geany on Linux. (However, it did encourage me to
write some more scripts for code generation... :-)
--
Ross McKay, Toronto, NSW Australia
"Nobody ever rioted for austerity" - George Monbiot