[Geany] returning from "go to tag definition"

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Thu Apr 10 18:21:47 UTC 2008

On Mon, 7 Apr 2008 10:31:26 -0700 (PDT), "Forest"
<list8a.forest at tibit.com> wrote:

> On Mon, April 7, 2008 8:41 am, Enrico Tröger wrote:
>
> >> One little frustration, though: the "back" command takes my cursor
> >> back to the line I left (when jumping to a definition), but not to
> >> the column I left.  Instead, it always seems to move the cursor to
> >> the first column. Can I fix that with a config setting?  If not,
> >> might I submit it as a feature request or bug report?
> >
> > No need to submit a feature request.
> > IIRC there is already one in the tracker and the code also has a
> > comment to make it position-based instead of line-based. It just
> > has to be written, will be done soon.
>
> Thanks.  I didn't find any such bug in the tracker, so I entered
> one.  It covers the cursor's position and the window's scroll
> position, the two missing parts of a true "back" command.
>
> [ 1936927 ] "navigate back" doesn't fully restore previous position

It should be fixed in SVN r2468. Please test the code.
Geany now stores navigation points position based, this makes it
possible to restore also the column of the cursor when returning to a
previous point.