[Geany] possibly interesting competition

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Thu Apr 10 15:35:34 UTC 2008

On Tue, 8 Apr 2008 10:32:29 -0400, "John Gabriele" <jmg3000 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Just stumbled across what seems to be a non-free Windows-only text
> editor called "Sublime Text": http://www.sublimetext.com/ . Wouldn't

"Sublime Text requires Windows Vista, Windows XP, or Windows 2000 (with
DirectX 9 installed)."
Wow, a text editor which requires DirectX 9? Apart from the fact that I
don't care much about Windows applications, a text editor and
DirectX...lol.
This and the fact that it's non-free stopped me from any further
investigation.

> normally post about something like this here (and non-free editors
> don't interest me much anyway), but the fellow who develops it has a
> somewhat interesting blog, coincidentally mentioning python embedding
> recently:
> http://www.sublimetext.com/blog/articles/extending-with-python .

Hmm, he only talks about Python and Unicode paths on Windows, right?
How would it help us?