[Geany] Geany 0.12 Pre-Release

Jeff Pohlmeyer yetanothergeek at xxxxx
Tue Sep 18 22:04:07 UTC 2007

On 9/18/07, Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:

> I didn't look into it and I'm absolutely not sure but my first guess is
> that it is a problem with the winsock library.
> If you want to, try updating your winsock.dll or winsock2.dll. IIRC,
> these files can be freely downloaded.

Yes that sounds like it could be the problem. So after some searching
I downloaded two different sets of DLL's from those "winfiles" type sites
( they never tell you what version ) One of them ended up being older
than the version I have, and the other was exactly the same.

I also tried running windows update, but it crashed also, but it sent
me to an extremely useful page at microsoft.com which explained
that the reason windows update keeps crashing is because windows
needs to be updated :-)

So unless someone knows a reliable link to download the latest
winsock for win98, I won't worry too much about it.

 - Jeff