[Geany] default keybindings, revisited

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Fri Sep 7 19:09:25 UTC 2007

On Tue, 4 Sep 2007 17:02:30 +0200, Enrico Tröger
<enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:

> On Mon, 03 Sep 2007 12:40:26 +0100, Nick Treleaven
> <nick.treleaven at btinternet.com> wrote:
>
> > On 08/31/2007 11:46:31 PM, Enrico Tröger wrote:

> > > when talking again about keybindings, let's talk about Ctrl-U and
> > > Ctrl-Shift-U. Do we want to change this, maybe really changing it
> > > to just toggle the case of current selection or do we want to
> > > leave it unset or just don't change it?
> > >
> > > One reason for changing would be the mentioned Unicode insertion
> > > keybinding which is (non-changeable) Ctrl-Shift-U.
> > >
> > I think a toggle keybinding would be fine, defaulting to lowercase
> > first if there's a mixture of cases used (can be useful when typing
> > with caps lock accidently left on).
> Good idea. I think we should change it unless anyone will complain
> loudly ;-).
Done in SVN r1860.
New keybinding is Ctrl-Alt-U. If triggered on a lower-case selection it
will convert the selection into upper-case and vice versa. If the
selection contains characters in upper- and lower-case, all will be
converted to lower-case. Use it again to get all into upper-case.
In contrary to the previous behaviour the selection itself gets lost
after conversion. I think this shouldn't matter but could be annoying
when using it twice because you first have to reselect. Any opinions?

A nice side effect of the change is that the new code works also for
non-Ascii letters like German Umlauts and probably some other
non-English letters which have a case.