[Geany] revisiting default keyboard shortcuts: a proposed solution

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Wed Sep 5 11:38:01 UTC 2007

On 09/04/2007 05:27:32 PM, John Gabriele wrote:
> On 9/4/07, Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:
> > On Tue, 04 Sep 2007 12:17:07 +0100, Nick Treleaven
> > <nick.treleaven at btinternet.com> wrote:
> For example, after thinking about this discussion, I'd probably
> change
> F7 --> Shift-Alt-F ("incremental *f*ind"), and maybe F2 -->
> Shift-Alt-E ("back to *e*ditor").

Fair enough, personally I prefer F-keys though (I guess my fingers are
used to finding the bumps on the F and J keys, so it's easy to move
back to the 'home' position).

Just to mention that sometime I/we will probably add incremental find
backwards, which would be nice to do by adding shift to the incremental
find binding.

Also, I think I mentioned before that Escape will focus the editor when
the search bar or goto line field is focussed.

Regards,
Nick