[Geany] Code hints

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Tue Sep 4 18:45:35 UTC 2007

On Tue, 4 Sep 2007 15:36:25 +0000, "Erlingur Þorsteinsson"
<eth at btype.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was wondering if I'm the only one that has this problem or if this
> is known. I wouldn't call it a bug
> because I don't know if this just hasn't been implemented yet.
>
> Let's say I have two PHP files. One file (product.php) has a class
> called Product and that class has
> various functions, member variables and so on.
>
> The second file called store.php has these lines.
>
> <?php
>
>     // Get our products class
>     require_once("product.php");
>
>     $product = new Product();
>
> ?>
>
> Now, if I do $product-> and press Ctrl+Space the public functions
> and/or variables do not show up. Is this
> a bug or is this just something that hasn't been implemented.
It is just not yet implemented. Maybe one want to add it by writing a
patch or plugin. But it isn't that trivial because you need to parse the
object name and get the object type and then find the appropiate class
and get its members and methods to show them. Then this should ideally
work not only for PHP but also for C++, Java and many other supported
languages. It is just a lot of work. Sorry.