[Geany] revisiting default keyboard shortcuts: a proposed solution

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Tue Sep 4 15:59:01 UTC 2007

On Mon, 3 Sep 2007 19:57:45 -0400, "John Gabriele" <jmg3000 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> * The Alt keys are used for dealing with menus and menu items.
Just to clarify this because it sounds (for me) like this behaviour is
something specific to Geany. But menu item mnemonics(the underlined
letters in the menu item title) are very common on almost all graphical
user interfaces I ever seen(including Motif, Qt, GTK and Windows).
Accessing a desired submenu or menu item with Alt-{underlined letter}
is common in the same way.
So, this isn't anything specific to Geany neither did we choose to use
it. And even if we would not use the accelerators in the menu items we
couldn't remove them all because some are set by GTK itself and so not
using them would be again inconsistent and uncommon with other GUI apps.