[Geany] Question regarding project management

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Tue Oct 30 13:44:29 UTC 2007

On Sun, 28 Oct 2007 22:59:54 +0100, Tim Tassonis <timtas at cubic.ch>
wrote:

> Enrico Tröger wrote:
> > On Sun, 28 Oct 2007 20:57:09 +0100, Tim Tassonis <timtas at cubic.ch>
> > wrote:
> >> I might be totally wrong, but I thought with the preferences
> >> settings already in place, it would be relatively easy to just
> >> copy the code over to project settings and then overload the
> >> default settings with the project ones once a user has chosen a
> >> project. I might be totally wrong of course.
> > It is not that difficult but why should we add things which nobody
> > will use.
>
> Of course you are right and I didn't want to suggest offering the
> whole lot of settings in the project preferences. Also agreed, some
> of the ones I suggested were quite bad choices...
>
> Generally I think the useful ones would be those that really can
> change between projects due to different coding style policies. Maybe:
>
> - Indentation Type
> - Tab Width
> - Newline strip trainling spaces
> - Default encoding
> - Strip training spaces
> - Replace tabs by spaces
> - maybe make command
>
> But I think I should stop now, I don't want to go down in this list's
> history as an unproductive other-people-might-do-this contributor.
Yes the above options sound good. But don't hesitate to post your
wishes and comments. It is in any case better than to not say what you
think ;-).