[Geany] Autocomplete in python mode

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Wed Oct 24 14:45:07 UTC 2007

On Wed, 24 Oct 2007 01:12:56 +0200, Matti Mårds <mamaar at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I just tried Geany from SVN and found the nice auto-complete feature.
> But there were something wrong in python mode, and probably in other
> non-c-syntax languages.
>
> To reproduce:
> 	- Open a python document, or create one
> 	- write "if" and press tab
> It shouldn't create parenthesis and braces.
You just need to edit your autocomplete.conf(read the manual for
details) and add a python specific "if"-contruct and Geany will use it
in Python files. The c-syntax-like if construct if the default one
because it applies to many languages with a similar syntax. Of course,
you can also remove this default if from your autocomplete.conf.