[Geany] Snippets in Geany ?

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Tue Oct 23 11:51:11 UTC 2007

On 22/10/07 19:04:17, kib2 wrote:
> Nick Treleaven a écrit :
> >
> > I just watched the video - it might be interesting to see the code,
> > although it probably wouldn't help much for Geany (e.g. C vs.
> Python,
> > Scintilla vs. whatever Qt uses).
> >
> The fact that it's coded in Python vs C for Geany does not really
> matter
> I think.
> The algorithm I found is really simple. I did some others before ,
> calculting much things.
> It can be improved by providing a real parser, not one based on
> regexps
> because you'd have
> difficulties parsing nested placeholders.

Thanks for uploading the code. I hadn't thought of parsing the body of
the replaced code, it's interesting to see. Perhaps if we added
snippets to Geany it might be easier to describe the locations of each
field as part of the snippet definition, rather than parse them.

I think the Scribes editor also supports snippets, it might be
interesting to see how it's done there.

Regards,
Nick