[Geany] Syntax highlighting

Daniel Carrera daniel.carrera at xxxxx
Mon Oct 22 14:45:49 UTC 2007

Hello,

I'd like Geany to treat *.tpl files as HTML for the purpose of syntax
highlighting. Does anyone know how I could do this? I guess that one
option is to edit this file:

/usr/local/share/geany/filetype_extensions.conf

But that's a global file, and I figure that this isn't how I should be
configuring Geany. So I tried adding this to $HOME/.geany/geany.conf :

[Extensions]
HTML=*.htm;*.html;*.shtml;*.hta;*.htd;*.htt;*.cfm;*.tpl;

But that didn't do anything. :-(  Geany still doesn't highlight *.tpl
files as HTML.

Does anyone know?

Another question: How do I make Geany remember what files I had opened
last time I closed the program? It used to do that automatically but now
it just topped. I must have changed a setting somewhere but I can't
imagine what I could have changed, I've barely touched it today. Help!

Cheers,
Daniel.