[Geany] autocomplete terminology confusion

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Thu Oct 18 20:01:28 UTC 2007

On Thu, 18 Oct 2007 15:19:33 -0400, "John Gabriele" <jmg3000 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> It seems like Geany offers 2 ways of helping complete what you're in
> the middle of typing:
>
> 1. Autocomplete construct -- where you hit Tab and get completion of
> the preceding construct, which is defined in your autocomplete.conf
> file, and
>
> 2. Complete word -- where you hit Ctrl-Space and get completion of the
> preceding partial word, which is a symbol somewhere else in the file
> which Geany knows about via its built-in understanding of tags.
>
> Is that correct?
No. I just realized this issue today, nice accident ;-).
I think we should separate these two features more clearly because they
are two different kinds of helpers. The question for me is, how. You
know, English isn't my mother tongue and right now I have no idea how
to improve it by keeping its meaning.
Any ideas?