[Geany] autocomplete.conf is not working for me

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Thu Oct 18 11:26:33 UTC 2007

On Wed, 17 Oct 2007 15:04:46 -0500, "Jeff Pohlmeyer"
<yetanothergeek at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 10/17/07, kib2 <kib2 at free.fr> wrote:
> > Thanks for that tip, here's my output :
> >
> > open("/home/kib/opt/share/geany//autocomplete.conf",
> > O_RDONLY|O_LARGEFILE) = 5
> > open("/home/kib/.geany/autocomplete.conf", O_RDONLY|O_LARGEFILE) = 5
> >
> > What's wrong, the two '//' in the path or the permissions ?
> > >

> > > Just a shot in the dark,
> > I don't think so... it seems to point the problem.
>
> Hello, Kib -
>
> It looks to me like this is not the problem - as long as the open()
> call returns something >= 0, then the file was successfully opened.
> The // doesn't hurt anything, and the O_RDONLY just means that Geany
> explicitly opened the file as read-only.
Right and opening it read-only is completely sufficient because Geany
don't write this file at any stage.

@Jeff: great idea to use strace. Now we know, the file is found
and opened correctly.