[Geany] Do not allow Geany/VTE to override bash shortcuts

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Thu Oct 18 11:20:57 UTC 2007

On 18/10/07 09:39:15, Harold Aling wrote:
> I'm sorry, but I have to 'reopen' this issue...
>
> Not only does copy/paste not work on the VTE, once I've opened 'nano'
> in
> VTE, I can't exit it with CTRL-X, and thus I can't commit anything to
> svn...

The way I did it, it just scans a list of common bash shortcuts (see
check_vte() in keybindings.c), it doesn't let the VTE decide whether it
wants to interpret the keybinding or not. I tried to do that first, but
I couldn't get it to work. That would probably be the ideal solution,
although probably the switch to editor command should always override
the VTE.

I'm not sure about the copy/paste problem, probably there's some
special setup needed that e.g. Terminal does but Geany doesn't.

Regards,
Nick