[Geany] Post 0.12 feature requests...

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Mon Oct 15 11:28:51 UTC 2007

On 12/10/07 15:13:56, Harold Aling wrote:

> On Fri, 12 Oct 2007 12:59:41 +0100, Nick Treleaven
> <nick.treleaven at btinternet.com> wrote:
> >> Editor
> >> * Show function call for local functions as tip, just like the
> >> predefined.
> >
> > I don't understand this - I assume you mean calltips. But local/
> > workspace tags and global tags should both get calltips, as long as
> the
> > TagManager language parser supports them.
>
> I use Geany primarily for scripting languages like PHP and Bash. If I
> define a function like:
>
> function($a_array, $s_string = "default") {
>
> I'd like to be 'calltipped' of the parameters when I use this
> function
> elsewhere in my code. I don't know the technical solution for this,
> but I
> know I only get that help with the predefined php functions...

Currently the PHP global tags file wasn't generated by Geany, so that's
why it has calltip info. Many of the tagmanager/ctags lexers don't
support calltips - only C-like languages at the moment. I think we can
add calltip support for all languages that use function_name(arguments)
style syntax, so I'll add this to the TODO list. Having said that, it
is a lot of work to test once implemented and iron out any important
bugs.

Regards,
Nick