[Geany] autocomplete.conf is not working for me

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Sun Oct 14 15:49:48 UTC 2007

On Sun, 14 Oct 2007 17:25:41 +0200, "Dominic Hopf"
<dmaphy_damastasif at gmx.net> wrote:

> On Sun, 14 Oct 2007 17:13:51 +0200, kib2 <kib2 at free.fr> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've installed the latest(0.12) Geany version and didn't manage to
> > get the file "autocomplete.conf" work correctly.
> > I copied the one given in "/home/myname/.geany".
> > Now, when I type i.e 'for' (wich is in the [Default] section)
> > followed by Tab, I got nothing but a space.
> > Any idea ?
> >
> > Thanks.

> I can not reproduce this on my system. Using the altest revision from
> SVN (1943),
> i just have tested this with PHP-Files and C-Files and unnamed new
> files and it works
> without any problems.
> Maybe this depends on file types, can you tell us, with which file
> type you are having
> this issue?
Or just open a new file without any template and just type "for" and
press the TAB key.
Maybe you have some old keyboard shortcuts defined, so that the
autocompletion is not bound to TAB? Look for the "Complete construct"
keybinding in the preferences dialog.