[Geany] new theme

John Gabriele jmg3000 at xxxxx
Sun Oct 14 04:04:02 UTC 2007

On 10/12/07, kib2 <kib2 at free.fr> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've made a little new dark theme for Geany.
> For this I used the "set_geany_colors.py" script, wich I modified a
> little to suit my needs for Python editing.
> You'll find it here :
> http://kib2.free.fr/Geany/
> Lauch it and choose the 'kib' one.

Hi Kib,

Thanks for the theme. :) I took the opportunity to make an update to
set_geany_colors. Here's the changes I made:

* Moved all colorschemes out into their own colorscheme files.
* They now allow bold and italic to be set in the colorscheme file. :)
* Included Kib's theme along with the others. (Is this ok, Kib? Please
let me know, and also let me know if you'd like an email address or
different name listed at the top of the colorscheme file.)
* The preview window now shows bold and italic properly.
* Added "indent_guide_fg" to the list of generic texty things that
set_geany_colors allows a color to be set for (calling these
"entities" for lack of a better name).
* Few tweaks to highlighting that Kib had changed, but that had looked better.
* Some code formatting cleanup.

The URL for it has changed. It's now:

http://www.milliwatt-software.com/jmg/files/set_geany_colors.tar.bz2

If upgrading from a previous version, and you haven't tweaked or
written any of your own colorschemes, just delete what you have in
``~/.geany/colorschemes`` and follow the (new) install instructions
(which just say to copy the colorscheme files over).

If upgrading and you've tweaked or written your own colorschemes,
you'll need to add the "indent_guide_fg" entity to each of your
colorscheme files if you want them to work now.

Finally, if anyone's got any neat colorschemes that you like and think
would be nice to include with set_geany_colors, send them along and
I'll include them with the distribution.

> Later on, I'll try to translate my Vim theme on it
> (http://kib2.free.fr/documents/Vim/vim_kib_dark_tango.png)

Looks nice.

> Some other questions:
>
> - how can I modify the linenumber/fold background/foreground colors ?

Hm. I don't see anything in the stock filetypes.common for it.

> - did someone build a 0.12 version of Geany on Ubuntu, and if so how to
> ? (sorry, I'm just starting using Ubuntu)

I just do the regular incantations::

    ./autogen.sh
    ./configure --prefix=/home/john/opt
    make
    make install

The only issue I have is that autogen.sh runs the configure for me,
but without my --prefix, so I have to do the configure twice. Other
than that though, it builds fine.

---John