[Geany] Post 0.12 feature requests...

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Sat Oct 13 09:59:56 UTC 2007

On Fri, 12 Oct 2007 16:13:56 +0200, Harold Aling <h.aling at home.nl>
wrote:

> On Fri, 12 Oct 2007 12:59:41 +0100, Nick Treleaven
> <nick.treleaven at btinternet.com> wrote:
> >> * GTK recent documents support (GTK 2.10+?)
> >> * GTK print dialog support (GTK 2.10+?)
> >
> > Maybe, I don't have GTK 2.10 yet, so I won't work on these for now.
> >
> > I'm not sure about the need for recent documents, wouldn't it
> > contain a lot of files that Geany can't open, e.g. images?
> >
> > I looked at the print API a while back, but it didn't seem to be
> > trivial to setup (I think you have to draw everything manually,
> > rather than letting the widget draw itself onto a canvas).
> >

> I thought of it the other way around.
>
> I use Xfce's 'Places' panel plugin, and that plugin draws items that
> are on the 'recent documents' list. If Geany opens and/or saves a
> file, Geany should report that file to the 'recent documents
> collector' (GTK)
This is a good idea. I don't want to use the GTK Recent files support
completely because this would mean we lose this feature on GTK < 2.10
or we have to use many #ifdef's and to maintain code for GTK >= 2.10
and GTK < 2.10. But just adding the recent files to GTK's list should
be possible. I'll work on this soon.

I will also work on the printing support but don't expect it in the
next 3 days ;-).

> >> * Configure option to define the number of characters to be typed
> >> before
> >> opening the completion list (now: 4 my pref: 2)
> >
> > I think a hidden pref would be better than a configure option, but
> > this would be useful.
Yes, I agree a (hidden) pref would be better.

> >> * Only show trailing spaces in an error-like color (light red?)
> >
> > I'm not sure if this can be done in a compatible way with the
> > Scintilla lexers.
>
> Bug:
> If you have "Show whitespace" enabled, selecting multiple lines will
> not highlight the 'space' and 'tab' characters... If this gets fixed,
> you may forget about the previous request...
I'm not sure what you mean. I attached a screenshot of multiple
selected lines(don't think about the content ;-)) and it seems fine to
me. Maybe it is related to your colour settings?

> >> * File browser sidebar
> >
> > I just started working on this in the last few days ;-)
>
> Hooray! Hooray! Hooray!
Lol.