[Geany] failing to generate tag file

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Thu Oct 11 11:39:38 UTC 2007

On 10/10/07 18:32:24, Rodrigo Canellas wrote:
> Nick,
>

> I am curious: if a tag file is not to be used to code completion, or
> to find a symbol declaration/definition, what would be its use?

It is used for code completion (assuming you're editing a file with a
compatible filetype). It's used for everything tag-related, (e.g.
calltips for C-like files), only at the moment the tag files don't
store the filename. The format is very similar to Anjuta's global tags,
and I guess they wanted to avoid saving the full filename for each tag.
(Perhaps there could be an index of filenames instead, if anyone wants
to work on it).

Regards,
Nick