[Geany] full pathname in Open Files tab?

John Gabriele jmg3000 at xxxxx
Tue Oct 9 19:55:44 UTC 2007

On 10/9/07, Jeff Pohlmeyer <yetanothergeek at gmail.com> wrote:
> > consider a tree-control structure such as
> > that shown on the attached.
>
> I hope I don't see Geany becoming Nautilus
> with a text editor pasted on the side ;-)

Oooo. You don't like that screenshot? It seems rather functional to
me, though it might be better to not repeat all that path information.
That is, instead of

(V) /path/to/a
    file1
    file2
    file3
(>) /path/to/b
(>) /path/to/c

less repetitive would be

(V) /path/to
    (V) a
        file1
        file2
        file3
    (>) b
    (>) c

Anyhow, it's not a whole filesystem browser -- just a browser for the
current list of open files. (Geany arguably already has a filesystem
browser: the Open file dialog.)

You figure, Geany's already got a tree view in the Symbols tab, so
having it in the Open files tab doesn't really add anything new.
Actually, it would make things more consistent -- *especially* if they
eventually both featured the same speedy keyboard navigation
shortcuts...

---John