[Geany] Geany crashes on opening diff file from browser

S h i v shivakumar.gn at xxxxx
Thu Oct 4 18:46:04 UTC 2007

On 10/4/07, Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:
> On Thu, 4 Oct 2007 07:17:53 +0530, "S h i v" <shivakumar.gn at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Geany is crashing if the attached file is opened from the browser (on
> > windows, build from 11 Sep 2007). This is a diff file.
> I just tested it with the build from 11 Sep 2007, Firefox 2.0.0.6 on
> Windows XP with your file. It works fine, no crash.
>
> Which browser did you use?
> Can you post the original URL, maybe it is part of the cause?

It was from a mail and not from the net. I checked using the
attachement from the sent items (to geany list) with same result.
Firefox 2.0.0.7 and IE both yield the same result.
The dbl-click from explorer & rt-click->Open with geany work fine !

Do not bother if it isn't occurring on your system. I will try to get
the stack trace when I get a debugger installed on my system.
Just for the record, I verified the same on Solaris Express and it
works fine without issues.

-Shiv