[Geany] project file browser

John Gabriele jmg3000 at xxxxx
Thu Oct 4 00:02:19 UTC 2007

On 10/3/07, chuck <ctl at arrowtwins.com> wrote:

> Your script is in the right direction, but I read where Geany will have
> a key shortcut to get to the open files list. Then arrowing (or
> incrementally selecting by typing the first part of a filename?) to
> select.

Yup. I'm guessing Geany will eventually get that. But, I've been using
Python lately, and since I can't yet write a plugin in Python, I
figured a tiny little Tkinter app would do for now.

> I assume the focus will return to Geany after selection, as
> well as if no selection is made, a shortcut key to get back to the
> editor window.

I use Ctrl-E to get the focus back to the editor window (after, say,
having used Ctrl-F to do an incremental search). Though, the default
key for returning to the editor is an F-key, I think.

> The notion of having projects is good.  Geany should have that someday.

It already does, however, Geany projects don't currently seem to
contain information on what files belong to the project proper (though
they store the name of the project's tld).

>   In the interim, if I could actually select a project file somehow, and
> then select a file listed, that would be cool.

You can currently tell Geany to open a project file. Menu: "Project --> Open".

> In the words of a VERY OLD cartoon cat "I hate those meeses to pieces!"

:)

---John