[Geany] Couple of suggestions

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Wed Oct 3 15:20:39 UTC 2007

On Wed, 03 Oct 2007 12:46:52 +0100, Nick Treleaven
<nick.treleaven at btinternet.com> wrote:

> On 03/10/07 08:52:01, Rob van der Linde wrote:
> > Hmm, I hate to be the bearer of bad news here :) Mine's almost fine,
> > but
> > not quite. For some reason my crosses are cropped when I compare
> > them to
> > Gedit by 1 pixel on all 4 sides. If it's possible and not too much
> > effort, maybe grow the image area outwards by 1 pixel on all 4
> > sides, but not applying any stretching. If it's not possible,
> > that's cool, it's
> > nothing big and it looks close enough as it is now.
> >
> > Attached is a comparison screenshot anyway.
>
> OK, thanks. AFAICT, Geany now does the same as the latest GEdit, so
> there must be a small problem with the GEdit code. I'm not sure about
> adding manual padding, I'll try to see how other apps do it.
>
> Perhaps it could be due to how the theme engine sets up the button
> spacing.
Well, I would suggest we still use the fixed close icon or the next
release and if anyone wants to improve the current code, do it after
the release. I don't care that much about this because IMO it is just
not very important which icon is shown but it should be shown clearly
and not sandwiched (remember my mail with close_icon_small.png). Btw,
it is better now but still looks sandwiched ;-).