[Geany] project file browser

John Gabriele jmg3000 at xxxxx
Wed Oct 3 05:08:34 UTC 2007

I spent a little time writing a little utility for Geany for
navigating quickly between a given list of files:

http://www.milliwatt-software.com/jmg/files/geany_project_browser.py.bz2

I originally wanted it for navigating between already open files, but
since I didn't at the time have an easy way to see what files geany
has open (gah... I'm so lazy I haven't gotten around to installing
Jeff's Lua plug-in yet), I instead just made it show files listed in a
./<foo>.project file that you create.

Just posting about it here in case anyone finds it useful. It'll
probably only be interesting to folks who don't like taking their
hands off the keyboard. :) While its running, I just Alt-Tab over to
it, hit a key (or a few, bouncing around between files), then Alt-Tab
back to Geany.

Let me know if you think it's handy.

---John