[Geany] Couple of suggestions

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Mon Oct 1 12:28:06 UTC 2007

On Mon, 01 Oct 2007 12:58:51 +0100, Nick Treleaven
<nick.treleaven at btinternet.com> wrote:

> On 01/10/07 12:01:43, Nick Treleaven wrote:
> > On 30/09/07 18:01:51, Enrico Tröger wrote:
> > > On Mon, 01 Oct 2007 00:08:24 +1300, Rob van der Linde
> > > <robvdl at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > We could use a GTK stock icon so the icon would change when
> > changing
> > > the global icon theme. But in general these icons are much larger
> > > than
> > > the current one, so the notebook tabs would become quite larger
> > > and people may think of wasting space because of these big icons.
> > > The current cross is probably not very nice but it is at least
> > > small. Any suggestions are welcome.
> >
> > Probably GEdit scales the stock icon down to fit - I'll have to
> > check sometime.
>
> Geany SVN now uses the stock close item for tabs :)
But it doesn't look good ;-(.
Attached are two screenshots on my system. close_icon_small.png is
taken from current SVN version with the scaled down stock icon. Looks
bad because the icon can't be scaled down so much.
close_icon_big.png is taken from a version compiled with scaling the
icon, using the same icon size as GTK menus item have. This looks
better but for me it is too big, the notebook tabs take too much
vertical space. This was I was talking about in my last mail.