[Geany] Issues with "Insert comment->function description"

Harold Aling h.aling at xxxxx
Wed Nov 28 09:21:27 UTC 2007

Dear devs,

I have (again) a few minor things that should be fixed over time. I work
mostly with php files.

1) The scope is only functional when the file is freshly saved (else it's
'unknown')

It would be cool if Geany would automatically refresh the scope info (and
symbol list) every X seconds or upon change.

2) The scope is not based on the beginning of the function declaration, but
after the declaration's {. Inserting a function description when you cursor
is at %cursor%

function other_function() {
// do stuff
}

function my_function %cursor% {
// do stuff
}

...will add a description to 'other_function()'.

3) The function description is added with '<?php' and '?>' tags, which
corrupts the php file.

4) It would also be cool if the command would also detect the input
variables and add them to the description

Cheers!

-H-