[Geany] Feature request and question

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Tue Nov 27 16:04:03 UTC 2007

On Mon, 26 Nov 2007 16:35:12 +0100, Andreas Tscharner
<andy at vis.ethz.ch> wrote:

Hi,

> * ChangeLog
> For all systems
I don't think this is necessary. It would require someone to write a
Scintilla lexer for ChangeLog files. And as far as I know, there is no
common ChangeLog format, there is the Gnu ChangeLog format[1] but there
are many other formats for ChangeLogs out there.

As a workaround you can open a ChangeLog as a Makefile which would at
least highlight lines containing a ':'. Nick and me are doing this ;-).
Oh, the symbol list would list wrong symbols because it assumes the
file as a Makefile, please don't report this as a bug ;-).

> * .bat
> For Windows version
Ok, maybe I'll add support for Windows batch files but I won't add it
exclusively to Windows(it's just easier to add it generally without
any #ifdef code for Windows and so the chances of new bugs are
lower ;-))

> Question for Windows version: Did you change something in the file
> changed detection function? It used to be quite fast (in version
> 0.11), but since 0.12 it needs seconds to minutes until it notices
> that the file has changed. Is there something different?
No. The code didn't changed for a long time. I didn't noticed this but
to be honest I use Geany on Windows(i.e. I use Windows at all) only for
testing new features in Geany and for creating Windows binaries.
Anyone else noticing this behaviour?

[1] http://www.gnu.org/prep/standards/html_node/Change-Logs.html