[Geany] More Features

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Thu Nov 22 16:21:49 UTC 2007

On Wed, 21 Nov 2007 21:32:49 +0100, Bo Lorentsen <bl at lue.dk> wrote:

> > At the moment, I'm not completely sure whether it is save to pass
> > the keyfile object when emitting the signal. It might be it can
> > already be invalid(due to free()) in the signal handler although my
> > tests worked fine. I just don't know for sure whether g_signal_emit
> > emits the signal instantly and wait for all connected handlers to
> > return or whether it returns before handlers are finished. In the
> > latter case, the passed keyfile object may become invalid because
> > after the signal(e.g. project-open) is emitted, the keyfile object
> > is freed.
> I am no expert in GTK, but it seems like g_signal_emit is synchronous
> and passings along a pointer should not be a problem. Or have i
Probably, I just wanted to mention I'm not completely sure and when
anyone experience problems at this point, this could be a reason.

> Will you open a keyfile and pass that on project-save ?
Yes, the keyfile is created and the project's config file is written
into the keyfile object, then the new project settings are written to
the keyfile object and then the project-save signal is emitted with
this keyfile object. When all signal handlers returned, the keyfile
object is written to disk.

> Anyway, I have what I need for now, now for some plugin code :-)
Hehe, so go ahead and surprise us ;-).