[Geany] 3 bugs in geany

Ana Conda red.anaconda at xxxxx
Thu Nov 22 11:00:32 UTC 2007

Hi,
Thanks for this great editor! I  love it, but have 3 problems with it.

I have encountered 3 annoying things in geany.
1. Geany fails to save a .cpp file if there is a "€" sign in it! The
error message that it gives is:
"An error occurred while converting the file from UTF-8 in
"ISO-8859-1". The file remains unsaved.
Error message: Invalid byte sequence in conversion input"
This problem vanishes if I remove the € signs from the file.

2. Not sure if this is a bug, but it IS annoying as hell.. If I open a
file which I have forgot to "mark" (give me read/write rights). And I
try to save my changes the saving fails (ofcourse), but what is
annoying  is that if I THEN give myself the read/write permissions,
geany still refuses to save the changes. ie. geany doesn't check if
writing is possible when saving. It seems to remember the original
permissions .  There are many editors which allow you to save  after
giving rw permissions..

3. This probably has something to do with using files through
sambamount, but if I open a file, and modify it and save the changes
then after a few minutes geany will ask:
"The file 'KakkospokerGfxDll.cpp' on the disk is more recent than
the current buffer. Do you want to reload it?"
Here geany is telling that the version that geany has just saved is
newer than the version that geany orginally opened!! And if I have
changed the file after saving it and accidentally select to reload the
file then my new changes are lost.