[Geany] More Features

Bo Lorentsen bl at xxxxx
Wed Nov 21 20:32:49 UTC 2007

Enrico Tröger wrote:

> I just added three signals: project-open, project-save and
> project-close. project-open and project-save submit the keyfile object
> which may be modified. Some basic documentation can be found at the top
> of src/plugindata.h, I'll write some more plugin documentation soon.
Ok, that is nice ... lets see what that can bring :-)

> At the moment, I'm not completely sure whether it is save to pass the
> keyfile object when emitting the signal. It might be it can already be
> invalid(due to free()) in the signal handler although my tests worked
> fine. I just don't know for sure whether g_signal_emit emits the signal
> instantly and wait for all connected handlers to return or whether it
> returns before handlers are finished. In the latter case, the passed
> keyfile object may become invalid because after the signal(e.g.
> project-open) is emitted, the keyfile object is freed.
I am no expert in GTK, but it seems like g_signal_emit is synchronous
and passings along a pointer should not be a problem. Or have i
misunderstood the problem ?

Will you open a keyfile and pass that on project-save ?

Anyway, I have what I need for now, now for some plugin code :-)

/BL