[Geany] Problem with Find in Files in Windows

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Wed Nov 21 17:03:05 UTC 2007

On Tue, 20 Nov 2007 14:41:46 -0800, Bob Snyder <bob.snyder at cox.net>
wrote:

Hi,

> When I use "Find in Files" in the Windows version I don't ever get
> any results back in the Messages pane (works fine for me in Linux). A
> command window opens and I can briefly see that grep is running, and
> if there's a lot of hits, I can see scrolling results in the command
> window, but it disappears too quickly to read any messages from grep.
there is a problem with reading the standard output of some programs on
Windows. We are not yet sure what is causing the problems and how to
fix it but in the meanwhile you can use the grep command from UnxUtils
which is known to work properly.

You can download it from