[Geany] Problem with Find in Files in Windows

Bob Snyder bob.snyder at xxxxx
Tue Nov 20 22:41:46 UTC 2007

Hi,

When I use "Find in Files" in the Windows version I don't ever get any
results back in the Messages pane (works fine for me in Linux). A
command window opens and I can briefly see that grep is running, and if
there's a lot of hits, I can see scrolling results in the command
window, but it disappears too quickly to read any messages from grep. It
is running gnu grep version 2.4.2.

The grep command shows in the Message pane, here is an example:

  C:\path_to_grep\grep.exe -nHl -- StringToFind (in directory:
C:\path_to_directory\directory)

The string to find and directory are correct for what I'm searching for.

Thanks,

Bob Snyder