[Geany] More Features

Bo Lorentsen bl at xxxxx
Tue Nov 20 15:59:55 UTC 2007

Enrico Tröger wrote:

> Ok, can be easily achieved by adding two signals for opening and
> closing, maybe a third one for project configuration.
That sounds awesome !

> It isn't really needed. There is no consistent handle for the project's
> keyfile while Geany is running. The file is only opened when the
> project is opened, configured or closed. Plugins already have access to
> the project's configuration file path. Maybe, when opening or closing a
> project, the used handle can be passed to the signal handler to
> minimize file access(i.e. the plugin doesn't have to open and write
> the configuration file again on project open/close).
Passing a valid keyfile pointer when firing the signals would be a huge
help, and a nice way of doing this.

Regarding configure signal, the plugin would not need to persist changes
and it only need it to maintain internal states. When the project is
closed it could save these in the keyfile, if needed.

> Not sure what you mean with handles for gdb but there is nothing
> similar.
Hmm, I was juster wondering if the plugin interface could handle things
like a thin debug wrapper.

/BL